Spiced Zucchini Bread
A very popular recipe—sure to be a hit with family and friends
- 1 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 cup raw zucchini, finely grated and unpeeled
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 °F. Grease 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. In large bowl, cream sugar and butter; beat in eggs. In separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and nutmeg. Stir half of flour mixture into butter mixture. Add zucchini (batter may look curdled). Add remaining dry ingredients; blend well. Stir in nuts and vanilla.
Pour into prepared pan. Bake 50-60 minutes. Remove from pan; cool on rack.